Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2019

13.06.2019 - A little melancholic...

Hey my friends,

I decided to make another post. I am a little bored and melancholic today. A dear friend of mine left New Zealand today and that makes me a little sad. But also that will pass. Like I said in an earlier post, you meet people on the way you get attached to and then they leave physically. But they leave great and wonderful memories behind, which will stick with you for the rest of your life. And that is what it`s all about. I had wonderful and epic adventures with him and that will always stay with me.
Also yesterday a year ago was the last time I was hanging out with my dear friend, who has passed away 6 months ago. All the memories we have and shared over the many years we knew each other came up over the past few days and made me very sad. I miss her deeply and that will never go away. But she will be with me looking down from the stars, smiling down. A wonderful thought and makes me smile every time I look up to the sky.

Work has been great the past week. I am getting my routine in and get settled in my new role. I enjoy it and get more and more secure with everything. There are still some issues and situations, I need to deal with and figure out a better way, but one thing at a time. 

As an example, we do have a few issues with party people on the weekend and I want to figure out a way to get rid of them. It is not the kind of guests anybody wants. All things, I want to master as soon as possible to make the hotel a better and safer place for guests and staff.

Today I don`t have any new pics for you, but as soon as I have some, which are good enough to post, I will do so. Soon I might take another trip around the north island and that is the chance. I am thinking about getting a drone, a little fun toy to take on hikes and trips around this beautiful country. I will keep you posted.

I have this great canadian woman in my hostel. Charlotte. She is the most funny and bright person I ever met. She makes me laugh all the time. I really enjoy spending time with her. We ride to work together on our bikes every morning and sometimes home together. Depends on the time and if Charlotte is going to Countdown on her way home - every day. And at home we play monopoly (the card game), which she taught me to perfection. Kudos for that. I think we all need a Charlotte in our lifes. Last night we were having one of our art night`s and we listened to this one song by the Rolling Stones. A very good song to rephrase: 'You don`t always get what you want, but you can try and you might just get what you need." Thank you Charlotte for being you and coming into my life 😉  

And with that I will end my post for today.


Enjoy your life, you only have one

Good night

Caty

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen